Wednesday, January 19, 2011

course reflection 02

This week in class was a lot more historically oriented, and seemed to overlap quite frequently with the reading assigned for the week. Not necessarily a bad thing, in fact I feel like its very important to understand the history of design if I wish to pursue it. The lectures went into depth about a lot of subjects which I had zero knowledge about prior to, particularly the challenges designers faced when creating completely new products during the industrial revolution. I was probably most interested in the slides about the different chair designs which we went over at the end of class. For some reason I've always been interested in chairs. At the same time I feel like almost every possible design for a chair must have been done by now, seeing as virtually every designer/design student is required to create one. Still, it got me sketching up some potential designs and thinking of ways to build a sitting device which had yet to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment