Monday, February 21, 2011

course reflection

I was really interested by the guest speakers who came in from Cobego this past week. Being able to listen to recent graduates from the program really gave me a lot of motivation to continue in the field and apply to the program next year. It was also nice to be able to hear from someone who had gone through the exact process pretty much, and it gave me a much clearer idea of what I would be getting into. They provided a lot of great information about traveling abroad as well, something that I definitely want to do. The fact that one of the students had studied in Helsinki I found particularly applicable because I traveled through Finland and Helsinki last summer. Even though he said everyone there pretty much spoke english, i can only imagine how difficult it might have been to survive in such a foreign place especially while taking design classes. Overall, the presentation they gave made for one of my favorite class periods so far in the class because it was filled with so much information that applied directly to me and my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment